The Board of Trustees is looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant who will work with our existing team to enable pupils in need of additional support to flourish and make academic and social progress. Your role will be to develop, create and implement a range of interventions and coaching strategies that support the ethos and vision of The Kingston Academy.
The Role Overview
The role of the teaching assistant will be to:
- Work under the guidance of the SENCo, and within an agreed system of supervision, to implement pre-determined work programmes with individuals and groups of students in or out of the classroom.
- Assist the subject teacher with the whole planning cycle and the management and preparation of resources.
- Contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school.
What it means to work for TKA
- You will be working as part of an engaged and motivated team within the context of a highly successful school.
- As part of a growing school, you will have the opportunity for professional development.
- The school has recently taken possession of state-of-the-art new facilities and is ideally located North Kingston.
- TKA is an Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' school and is highly popular with the local community.
Start Date: September 2021 (or earlier)
Please use the links below to view further details in the Job Pack and to complete an online application.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The Kingston Academy
Kingston upon Thames
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years