22.5 hours per week, term time + 5 days
We are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant who will support the class teacher with the overall delivery of the Curriculum by undertaking work/care/support programmes in order to enable access to learning for all pupils.
You will be involved in delivering engaging learning experiences that encourage pupils to think for themselves, whilst ensuring they see a purpose to their work. A wide range of learning styles are used to ensure personalised learning is at the heart of what we do.
The role will involve working as part of the Millbridge team to support learning within a key stage, either working one to one or with small groups. This will include providing Pastoral support by following EHC plans, SEN support and teaching strategies to maximise pupil progress and achievement.
We are looking for candidates that will contribute to and uphold the vision and ethos of Millbridge Academy. This will involve supervising pupils outside of lesson time, including working as a team to provide robust lunchtime supervision.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have Maths and English to GCSE Grade C or equivalent;
- Have previous experience of working with children/young people;
- Love encouraging, motivating and inspiring young children through the support they give in order to encourage their learning;
- Be committed to our ethos that all pupils can achieve at Millbridge, A SHARE Primary Academy;
- Have experience of working with children who have SEN/EAL;
- Have an understanding of behaviour management;
- Have great references demonstrating they are a suitable candidate, safe to work with children.
At SHARE MAT, we aim to:
- Equip our staff to deliver their best every day, our belief is that by Valuing People, Supporting Personal Best is the key;
- Encourage all of our pupils to go beyond what they think they can achieve, to enjoy learning, helping them to lead healthy and happy lives;
- Ensure our staff are happy at work, taking pride in pupils’ progress and development;
- Never stop improving, developing and sharing our practice with others;
- Deliver training and guidance relevant to job role so expectations are understood and staff feel motivated;
- Offer great benefits making us the employer of choice, including outstanding CPD, supportive line management and networking opportunities across the MAT to aid personal development.
Millbridge, A SHARE Primary Academy, is one of eight academies within our trust and is part of a close-knit community well located for commute from Leeds, Huddersfield and Wakefield.
We encourage that you visit the academy during its’ open day where a warm welcome awaits, you will see that Millbridge:
- Offers an exceptional learning environment and facilities, alongside a wide range of professional learning and development opportunities;
- A vibrant place of learning and encouragement where children are happy, settled and confident;
- Has a broad and balanced curriculum that provides a memorable educational experience for all of its pupils;
- Aims to equip pupils with the attributes and attitude they need for their next stage of education.
You are very welcome to visit the academy. Please contact the office on 01924 668836 to make an appointment.
Closing date: 22 September 2021.
Interview date: 30 September 2021.
Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
SHARE MAT is committed to the Equalities Act 2010 and also to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children and young people, by adhering to the “Keeping Children Safe in Education” guidance. All staff and volunteers are regularly trained regarding our expectations in keeping our students safe. An enhanced DBS is required for every post.
SHARE MAT comprises of Lily Park Primary, Woodside Green Primary, Heaton Avenue Primary, Luck Lane Primary, Millbridge Primary, Royds Hall, Shelley College, and Thornhill Community Academy. A central team provides operational support.
Millbridge, A SHARE Primary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years