Harris Primary Academy Beckenham opened in 2015 with its first two Reception classes of 20 children each. The response in the local area was very supportive and we took an additional 46 Reception children in September 2016. In January 2017, we moved into our brand new, purpose built building, offering state of the art equipment and facilities. Each year we will take an additional 60 children into Reception year until the school is full in 2021. Our academy is situated in a quiet, residential area with large landscaping and grounds just opposite Kelsey Park in Beckenham. We currently have 14 full time friendly staff and are looking for someone who wishes to join our group to personally develop and grow with our academy at the same time as we do.
We are recruiting full-time teaching assistants to work 37.5 hours per week, term time only.
The roles will include responsibilities such as supporting children’s learning, undertaking playground duties, preparing resources and assisting the class teacher.
What we are looking for:
It would be beneficial to have experience of at least 6 months of working with children in a Primary school or a similar setting. You will need to be a good team player, be proactive and be able to act on your own initiative. This position could also be suitable for a university graduate looking to gain experience to do a teaching qualification with School Direct.
Please apply if:
- you have experience of working in a classroom in a school or educational setting
- you can confidently use ICT
- you can read and write fluently and are confident in maths
- you have self confidence, common sense and maturity
- you have a good sense of humour and can communicate effectively
- you are adaptable and enthusiastic
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Beckenham?
Our children are very well behaved and our parents are exceptionally supportive. The community at Harris Primary Academy Beckenham are warm, friendly and very supportive of each other. If you see yourself as part of a team, this is the school for you.
- We are one of Beckenham's newest schools, but are part of the Harris Federation, with 41 free schools and academies and a 25-year track record in and around London
- We are proud of our children, who we teach to be kind, caring, self-assured and eager to learn
- We are in our second year of being an academy, and have excellent opportunities for personal and professional development and progression
- Generous Harris benefits package (see our benefits page for full details)
For more information, please call the school on 0203 772 4578.
Applications are also welcomed from experienced teaching assistants interested to train as a teacher through our Harris School Direct Programme: more information is available here think-train-to-teach.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.