31.15 hours per week (8.30am – 3.30pm)
Term Time Only (39 weeks)
Heathmere Primary School is a forward-thinking, inner London school on the edge of Richmond Park that was judged as ‘Good’ by Ofsted for the first time in its history in February 2019. We are looking to appoint a teaching assistant for either KS1 or KS2. The year group will depend on the strengths of the successful candidate.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has drive, determination and a commitment to raising standards
• Believes in inclusion and achievement for all children
• Will buy into our whole school values of respect, resilience and high expectations
• Is committed to wanting the very best for our children
We can offer you:
• A team of staff and governors who are passionate and committed to our school being the best it can be
• An opportunity to be a part of a team that teaches in a flexible way that is responsive to the needs of our children
• A school that is part of a Teaching School Alliance and that is used as a model of good practice that is shared with other schools
• An opportunity to develop your role
• Children who want to learn
• A positive feeling around the workplace which is frequently commented on by visitors
The school is well-served by buses from areas such as Kingston, Putney, Hammersmith, Fulham, Wandsworth and Clapham Junction. It is situated on the A3 with easy access by car from South London, West London and Surrey. There is free on-street parking and secure bike racks.
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please phone or email to make an appointment.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
A pack can also be requested from the school.
For further details please contact the school on the telephone number or email below.
Completed application should be returned to the school either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or post.
Closing date: 15 November 2019 (at 9 am)
Interviews: 20 November 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to a DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
Heathmere Primary School
Alton Road, London SW15 4LJ
Tel: 020 8788 9057
Headteacher: Miss Emma Lewis B Ed (Hons), NPQH
Age range: 3 - 11