Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant – SEN Specialist
Old Arley (CV7 8NU)
We are currently looking to recruit a passionate and experienced Teaching Assistant to join our team in Old Arley. Our school, near Nuneaton, is a specialist day school for boys and girls, aged 7 to 16 years, who have social, emotional or mental health problems and those with various educational and social needs, some of which are associated with the challenges of ADHD, attachment disorder, or a combination of specific learning difficulties.
Due to the needs of our Young People experience of working with autistic / SEN students is essential.
Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support teaching and learning in the classroom
- To provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of the pupils and the classroom
- To use behaviour management strategies effectively and in line with the school’s policy and procedures, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment
- To promote the inclusion of all pupils ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- To be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
Person Specification (Essential):
- Evidence of successfully working with young people
- Awareness of safeguarding young people
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviour
- GCSE C grade or above in English and Maths or equivalent
- High degree of resilience
- Good communication skills
- Team player
Arc School is part of the Kedleston Group Ltd, which is an independent provider of SEMH day and residential schools as well as children’s homes across England. We look for people who have the creativity and enthusiasm needed to deliver the best outcomes for the children and young people we support. We offer staff a comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training to ensure everyone is provided with the best possible start to their employment. Kedleston welcome and nurture staff through the organisation's training provision and seek staff and leaders who are motivated and focused in their delivery of the best education and care support. We have vacancies across England for management, teaching, care, support, administration and ancillary roles within this rapidly developing organisation.
Kedleston Schools Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to act in the best interests of our pupils at all times. Successful candidates will be asked to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.