Smart Teachers is recruiting for a hard-working and caring Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant / TA / LSA for a successful single form entry primary school in Hackney, East London. This full time position will involve working with Early Years and KS1 classes, supporting a range of children with SEN (Special Education Needs) including children on the autistic spectrum, emotional and behavioural difficulties and speech & language difficulties. The successful applicant will possess a ‘can do’ attitude, a willingness to develop their skills set, patience and a sense of humour. In return, you will be working in a very supportive and friendly school where everyone's contribution is valued and well-being is looked after. Initially the contract will be on a long-term supply basis with the potential to go permanent. Where possible, there may be opportunities to progress up the career ladder.
About the Role
• Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant / TA / LSA
• Supporting SEN at a KS1 and EYFS level
• Working with children with a range of needs including ASD, EBD and Speech and Language Difficulties
• Daily rate £70 - £85 per day
About the School
• A small but successful one form entry primary school
• Rated ‘Good' by Ofsted
• Many professional development opportunities
• An inspirational head teacher who has the well-being of the staff and students at the forefront of her practice
• Situated in the heart of Hackney
• Very well connected by public transport including London Overground, National Rail and local buses
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant / TA / LSA will need to meet the following criteria:
• Proven experience as a TA or LSA in UK Classrooms
• Formal qualifications an advantage but not a requirement
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number DXM34838.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.