Temporary Level 2 Teaching Assistant
Required as soon as possible
£11,621 to £12,293 Term Time only plus 5 INSET days
Buile Hill Visual Arts College is an 11 - 16, co-educational, fully comprehensive community school, serving the inner city community of Salford. It is a rapidly improving school, which has a growing reputation in the area. In September 2008, we moved into a brand new building. We were last inspected in October 2012 and we were delighted with the ‘good’ judgement which was well deserved recognition for the progress we had made as a school. This post represents an exciting opportunity to work with a well established, successful and vibrant team to continue driving forward our standards and ensuring our students are well taught and best prepared for the new GCSE curriculum.
The successful candidates will be required to:
- Actively support the school’s vision, ethos and strategic development. Identify personal performance targets in line with the School’s performance management policy.To be a key worker for a group of identified children, under teaching supervision.
- To monitor the progress and attainment of identified learners
- To work with the teacher in lesson planning, evaluating and adjusting lesson/work plans as appropriate to meet the individual needs of students.
- To implement agreed learning activities / assessments, adjusting activities according to student need.
- Ensure that learners are able to achieve, experience success and aspire to future learning and employment.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the learning environment.
- Maintain a positive attitude, seeking to bring out the best in learners and having high expectations for all.
We will guarantee:
· Provided with some of the very best CPD on offer.
· A stimulating and friendly working environment where every member of staff is valued and makes a significant contribution to the school.
· Working with students who are full of character and have a lot of potential.
· Support from creative and innovative colleagues that will ensure your professional practice continues to develop
If you feel you share our values, have the vision and drive for excellence and want to be part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team, committed to ensuring that students fulfil their potential, then we would like to hear from you. Visits to the school are encouraged and warmly welcomed.
Application forms can be obtained from :
Mrs. J. Derbyshire
Buile Hill Visual Arts College
Eccles Old Road
Salford M6 8RD
at the following email address email@example.com or please download the application pack direct from our website www.builehill.salford.sch.uk
The closing date for all applications is 9.00am on Friday 20th October 2017 and interviews will take place on Friday 3rd November 2017.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to 2 satisfactory references, Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, medical clearance, evidence of essential qualifications and proof of right to work in the UK.