VACANCY FOR TEACHING ASSISTANT LEVEL 2
Job Summary: Grade: Band E, Points 13-17 (actual salary £8,846-£9,587)
Hours: 24 hours per week. Hours: Mon 8.00am-4.30pm, Tues-Fri 8.30am-12.30pm
Contract: Part-time, Fixed Term until 20th July 2016 initially. Term Time Only, plus 5 Inset Days
• Are you passionate about supporting students to enable them to reach their full potential and increase their life chances?
• Are you patient, caring and resilient?
• Do you have good knowledge of the secondary school curriculum and of supporting students with SEND and SEMH difficulties?
Then the post of Teaching Assistant Level 2 could be for you and you will be joining TCS at an exciting time, following our recent Ofsted Report (May 2016): when we were judged as "Good" in all areas.
Working in the Inclusion Team, the Teaching Assistant role benefits both the students and the school, designed to enable vulnerable students to reach their full potential and to support those who require a holistic programme of support and/ or alternative provision.
Your role will include helping vulnerable students to overcome their barriers to learning, supporting access to the curriculum and acting as a role model, whilst working with families and support agencies. You will work closely with a range of departments, enabling students to access all aspects of school life.
You will work on a part-time basis supporting student's behaviour and learning both in and outside of the class. Having good knowledge of the mainstream curriculum, under direction you will work with other members of the team to lead withdrawal sessions which supplement the main teaching within the class but may also deliver personal intervention programmes to accelerate progress.
We can offer:
• Committed, welcoming and supportive staff
• Opportunities to collaborate with other support staff across the Partnership and within local hubs
• An excellent range of professional learning opportunities within the school and within the Arthur Terry Learning Partnership
• A supportive Governing Body and Leadership Team who are passionate about the school and the local community
Please visit: www.thecoleshillschool.org for an application form and further information about our school, or contact Yvonne Holder, Recruitment Manager on 01675 432022, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit or an informal discussion about the post.
Closing date: 9.00 am, Tuesday 7th December 2016
Interview Date: To be confirmed