Hilton Primary Academy is part of Northern Education Trust, a nationally recognised and trusted academy sponsor with vast experience of school improvement, and specialised experience in all aspects of education. Trustees are committed to working with local authorities, other agencies and industry to improve the lives and life chances of young people. Hilton Primary academy has around 500 students and is rated an Outstanding school by OFSTED. We can offer you an excellent opportunity for career progression both within the Academy and the Trust as well as a supportive professional environment with an ambitious leadership team and a clear vision for the Academy.
We are looking to recruit a temporary level 3 teaching assistant on a fixed term contract to work morning sessions within our early years setting. The successful applicant will show a passion and commitment to working with our children in their first steps in learning. You will be reliable, organised and have good communication skills to meet the needs of the children and provide valuable support to the class teacher.
You will be required to
• Assist with the development and implementation of individual education/ behaviour plans.
• Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom.
• Encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all pupils in activities.
• Monitor, evaluate and provide feedback to ensure pupil achievement and progress and maintain accurate records.
• Liaise sensitively and effectively with parents/carers as agreed with the teacher within your role/responsibility and participate in feedback sessions/meetings with parents, or as directed.
• Implement agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, adjusting activities according to pupil responses/needs to ensure they can access learning through specialist support.
All applications are to be submitted electronically through the TES website on the relevant Northern Education Trust Application Form. If you require any further details please contact Mr A Sutton School Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Trust is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. All posts are subject to enhanced disclosure and barring service checks. We expect all adults to share our commitment to safeguarding and the health and wellbeing of our pupils.