Aspiring to excellence: Our Vision is to create an inclusive community that supports the well-being of every child and their family to enhance enjoyment, raise achievement and aspiration to all, and to ensure that children and families are supported through their learning journey from birth through school life in pursuit of excellence.
£17,046 for 37 hours, term-time only (temporary to cover maternity leave)
1st September 2019 to 31st August 2020
The Governors wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant, who will support with Physical Education during the school day and the organising and running of sporting clubs after school. The successful candidate will work closely and under the guidance of the schools Physical Education leader. We are looking to appoint an outstanding, flexible and self-motivated Teaching Assistant. The successful candidate will also support children in class, work with small intervention groups, provide individual support and may be asked to supervise whole classes for short periods.
- Hold an NVQ level 3 or equivalent
- Have knowledge of the curriculum and sport
- Have very good literacy and numeracy skills
- Work well as part of a team
- Have good interpersonal skills
You must have a commitment to the highest standards of professionalism and an ability to help us inspire our pupils. You must be able to demonstrate confidence, creativity, determination, drive, resilience, reflectivity and great teamwork skills.
Further information about the school can be found on our website.
Why Choose Abingdon Primary?
- A Head Teacher and Leadership Team dedicated to helping you develop an outstanding career,
- The chance to work with highly motivated, experienced and skilled staff with the best possible opportunities to share ideas, planning, assessment etc,
- Opportunity to observe and share practice on a regular basis across the teaching team, developing pedagogy through reflectivity,
- The chance to use / develop personal curriculum strengths,
- The time and resources to design high quality learning experiences within our exciting, child-centred, creative curriculum,
- A personalised CPD plan,
- Appreciative, exemplary behaved, enthusiastic pupils,
- A happy, supportive, professional atmosphere.
Abingdon Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to evidence of eligibility to work in the UK, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), medical clearance and references that recommend the candidate without reservation.
Visits to the school are welcome and can be arranged via Debra Baxter, Head Teachers PA (01642 210567).
Applications are available on-line www.northeastjobs.org.uk, or via the school website www.abingdonprimary.org.uk/more/vacancies and should be returned either to the school or by email to email@example.com by 12 noon on Monday 25th March 2019.
Closing Date: Monday 25th March 2019 at 12 noon
Interview Date: Friday 29th March 2019