ABC Teachers are working with a Leicester SEND School that requires ongoing support from Teaching Assistant staff. This role is on a supply basis, covering the needs of the school as required, with the potential of long term roles to de
Some aspects of personal care will be involved so previous experience of working in SEND schools is required.
Applicants must have the ability to remain calm when dealing with sometimes demanding behaviour and will have empathy to the changing needs of different pupils. You must have excellent communication skills, both to build rapport with the students and to liaise effectively with other staff.
You may be working with students with an age range of 4-19 who will have varying needs such as ASC, PMLD & SLD.
Working with children who have special needs is a demanding career, but a hugely rewarding one. Through the relationships you build with students you will help them develop and give them the support needed to reach their full potential.
To be considered for the roles we have to offer:
· Level 3 Qualification (LSA/TA or equivalent)
· Team Teach Certificate
· Experience working with Special Needs children within the last 2 years which can be referenced, ideally in a classroom.
· Be eligible to work within the UK
· Passion for supporting children with Special Needs
· Experience of personal care
· Valid UK Driving License
· Makaton / PECS Training
In return for working with ABC Teachers we will provide:
1. Consultant exclusivity within your area, you will deal with the same consultant while working with ABC Teachers, who will be proactive in finding you work and maintaining contact.
2. Guaranteed minimum pay at a competitive rate.
3. A Referral based rewards scheme, which will provide a bonus to your pay for every teacher you refer who goes through to working with ABC Teachers.
Candidates will be required to attend a face to face interview to register; we will need to gain two references either academic or professional and hold an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you).
If you register with ABC Teachers, we are so confident about getting you work; we will run you a brand-new DBS disclosure and will FULLY REFUND YOU ONCE YOU WORK FOR ONE DAY THROUGH OURSELVES.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Kelsey Munro today on 01509 608017 or 'Apply now' to submit your details.
Not found what you are looking for? Keep up to date with us on our Website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
Website : http://www.abc-teachers.co.uk
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS