Teaching Assistant (Level 3)
Place of Employment: Thurcroft Junior Academy (Aston Community Education Trust)
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, term time only
Including working 2 out of 5 INSET days each academic year as directed by the school, with availability to work any or all of the remaining 3 INSET days at short notice should the need arise, and for which additional payment will be made
Salary: Band E points 7-11 - £20,092 - £21,748 = £ 16,447 - £17,803 pro rata for term time working
ACET is a forward thinking and rapidly developing multi-academy trust, and we are seeking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic Level 3 Teaching Assistant at Thurcroft Junior Academy. Applications are particularly welcome from individuals with experience of working with KS2 aged children (age 7 – 11), although this is not essential as full relevant training will be provided.
The successful candidate will plan, prepare and deliver learning activities for individuals or groups, or short term for whole classes, and will monitor, assess, record and report on pupils’ progress, achievement and development.
The Level 3 Teaching Assistant will have experience of:
- Establishing productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Supporting children consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
- Teaching whole classes short term as and when required.
- Within agreed systems of supervision, Planning and teaching high quality learning activities designed to promote accelerated progress, address misconceptions and consolidate learning.
- Recording progress and achievement systematically, and provide evidence of range and level of progress and attainment
- Liaising with parents to support with pupils’ learning, and contribute to/lead meetings with parents to provide constructive feedback
- Modelling and promoting positive values, attitudes and behaviour
- Having a willingness to be fully involved in the life of the academy
The role is based at Thurcroft Junior Academy, but you may be required to work at other locations within the trust.
For further information and to apply, please visit www.thurcroftacademy.org or any of our academy websites and follow the link to the vacancies section. Please contact Melanie Denton if you have any difficulties on 0114 2872171. Applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00am on Friday 24th September 2021. We undertake to make any ‘reasonable adjustments’ to a job or workplace to counteract any disadvantages a disabled person may face. This post involves working with children and therefore if successful, you will be required to apply for a disclosure and barring services check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs
ACET is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please note if you have not received a reply within three weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
Thurcroft Junior Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 11 years