Role: Teaching Assistant Level 3 SAN to support the Teaching and Learning of pupils
Hours: Full Time (35 hours per week). Term time only for 39 weeks per year
Closing Date: Friday 24th September 2021 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: w/c 27th September 2021
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust wishes to appoint a Teaching Assistant Level 3 SAN at Saint Paul’s Catholic High School to provide support for pupils who require help to overcome barriers to learning.
Under the guidance of a teacher, manage specialist support in a specific area of the curriculum and take a lead role in addressing the needs of students who require help to overcome barriers to learning
Deliver learning programmes and support individual students, small groups (and whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers)
To work with groups of students under the supervision of the teacher including the delivery of programmes of work and the implementation of ILPs
Use specialist (curricular learning) skills/training/experience to support students
The successful candidate will:
• Have strong moral and ethical principles and values
• Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations
• Be someone who is enthusiastic and motivated to challenge, inspire and motivate our students.
• Be open to new ideas, committed to working as part of a team and of course have a good sense of humour.
• Act with the utmost integrity at all time
We can offer the successful candidate:
• An opportunity to work in a vibrant, happy and welcoming environment characterised by excellent relationships with pupils, staff, governors and parents
• Close links with three other school within the multi-academy trust
• Entry into a competitive pension scheme
• Relevant paid training as and when required
• A Health Cash Plan which includes access to discounted gym memberships and a variety of retail discounts.
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit the school and meet with the Headteacher. Please contact Mrs Angela Holland (Heads PA on 0161 499 0000) or e-mail: email@example.com to make arrangements.
If you would like to apply for the position, application packs are available from the Trust’s website: www.wcatrust.info. You should complete the CES Support Staff Application Form and return it by e-mail to Mrs Andrea Sweeney HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to read the Application Form Notes, Privacy Notice, Job Description, Person Specification and Disclosure Form.
The Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, religion, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, sex and sexual orientation.
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to enhanced DBS and barred list checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The applicant will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
It is not a requirement of this role to be a practising Catholic and applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
CVs and agency referrals will not be accepted
Please note that whilst the successful candidate will be appointed to a particular school within the Trust, the Trust reserves the right to deploy staff at any of its schools depending on need, where agreement is reached with all parties.
Saint Paul's Catholic High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years