London Borough of Lewisham
£65 - £85 per day
(Salary is dependent on experience, training and / or qualifications)
ASAP - ongoing
Smart Teachers is currently recruiting for a Teaching Assistant for a girls’ school in the London Borough of Lewisham. This Teaching Assistant position is required to start ASAP and the successful candidate will be required to work full time.
• Teaching Assistant (secondary)
• Full time
• £65 - £85 per day
• Classroom support for pupils with special needs and disabilities
• Delivery of high-quality interventions
• Support pupils, classroom teachers, and the SENDCo
• Comprehensive school for girls 11 – 18 years old, mixed sixth form
• Ethos of inspiring through creativity and making cross-curricular connections
• Student achievement centred
• Empowers students to make their own decisions and be motivated in their learning
Smart Teachers is looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant who:
• Has previous experience working in an educational environment
• Is driven and passionate
• Has the ability to learn from feedback
• Is constantly striving to improve and develop
• Can work as part of a team and independently
• Can motivate the students in your care to achieve
• Is calm, well organised, and confident
• Has great communication and interpersonal skills
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online EduCompli training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact Rachel Ridout on 020 7065 7508, quoting the difference RXRTA16928.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.