Job Title: Teaching Assistant - Literacy
Grade and Salary: Grade 2, £16,213 - £17,205 per annum actual salary (FTE salary £18,933 - £20,092)
Working pattern: 37 hours per week, 39 weeks per year.
Contract term: Fixed term for 12 months
Location: The Manor Academy, Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire
The Manor Academy are looking to appoint two Teaching Assistants with a focus on Literacy. These roles will join the existing team in the support of secondary aged students with Special Educational Needs including social, emotional and mental health difficulties. The post will include working with individuals and small groups of students and will work in partnership with teachers to support learning in line with the curriculum and school’s policies and procedures. This role plays an integral part in ensuring these students meet targets and progress in line with their potential.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate empathy, listening and interpersonal skills when dealing with children, colleagues and parents/carers.
Experience of working with pupils with specific learning difficulties or behavioural needs isn’t essential as training and support will be provided.
Why join us?:
The Manor Academy has an excellent reputation for its high standards of teaching, student behaviour and academic achievement. Ofsted recognised the journey we have been on when grading us as a “good” school, citing that the quality of education has been transformed since the previous inspection.
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.25.
• An array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development and career.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating and supportive working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and experience and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Sunday 26th September at 23.59
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced level DBS disclosure, two satisfactory references and successful completion of pre-employment vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
The Manor Academy
Mansfield Woodhouse, Nottinghamshire
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years