Smart Teachers is recruiting for a TA / Teaching Assistant to support primary students at a beautiful special needs school in Hounslow. This is an ‘Outstanding’ school that caters for students with ASD (autism spectrum disorder) and SEMH (social, emotional, and mental health) difficulties.
The successful TA / Teaching Assistant will need to show initiative and willingness to be involved with the students and in supporting the class teacher. As a number of the students have behavioural difficulties, it is ideal that the TA / Teaching Assistant has previous restraint training (but this will otherwise be provided by the school).
This role is to commence either ASAP or in January 2020, with the possibility of a long-term role for the right candidate.
About the Role
• TA / Teaching Assistant
• Supporting primary aged students with ASD (autism spectrum disorder) or SEMH (social, emotional, and mental health) difficulties.
• Assisting the class teacher in duties such as preparing resources and managing pupil behaviour
• Providing feedback on pupil progress
• Role to start in ASAP/January 2020, with the opportunity for a long-term role for the right candidate
• Daily rate from £75 depending on experience
About the School
• Beautiful SEN school in Hounslow
• Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’
• Caters for children with a range of needs including ASD, SEMH difficulties, and MLD
• Small class sizes with 1-2 members of support staff in each class
• Students are aged 5-11 years old
• Supportive and passionate senior leadership team
• CPD and training offered by the school
• Parking on site or short bus ride from Piccadilly Line
In order to be considered for this role, the TA / Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable, but not essential)
• Have strong communication, literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
Interested in applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number NVC47997TA.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.