Monday – Friday
08:30 – 15:30
£9.99 - 10.99 per hour
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications
Contract Dates -
If successful, the role will commence in the new year covering a sickness.
The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are GCSE English and Maths (A*-C or 9 -4) as a minimum. You must have relevant experience in an educational setting. A qualification such as Level 2 teaching assistant would be preferred but not essential.
As a Teaching Assistant you are expected to work seamlessly with your classroom teacher, pupils, and wider school community. As a Teaching Assistant you must be able to understand the varying needs of potential SEND pupils and utilise your support effectively. You may potentially have to work across Key Stage One and Key Stage Two classes so the successful Teaching Assistant should be confident and flexible in their abilities.
Located in Derbyshire, this school has an outstanding report from Ofsted and the successful teaching assistant will be working in a school that believes their children should aspire to reach their full potential. They are looking for an enthusiastic individual who is flexible, resourceful, and able to communicate readily and easily.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant position, you will need as a minimum:
• GCSE English and Maths (A*-C or 9 -4)
• Level 2 or 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools. (Preferable but not essential)
• Can provide observation, assessment and be able to feedback to Class Teacher.
• Have experience of the national curriculum, phonics, and an educational setting.
• Be flexible and creative when supporting teaching.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching Assistant who is interested in making an impact and can provide effective support than please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact me directly via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our lovely primary team on 0161 273 7475 where we will be more than happy to have a chat with you!