Cambian Somerset School
Salary: £14,015 per annum
Location: Taunton, Somerset.
We are looking to appoint a committed and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join and support our well established and successful staff team at Somerset School. This role is ideal for those who genuinely have a passion for helping children, with a wide range of Special Educational Needs, and also a fantastic opportunity for those considering a career in Teaching to gain valuable first-hand experience. Candidates who are appointed will receive full support and training from colleagues and teachers.
Help our students reach their full potential: Somerset School is an Independent Special School for students with complex needs associated with ASD and SEMH. We currently have 30 students on roll aged between the ages of 10 and 18. Somerset School has been judged as Good by Ofsted at our last two inspections.
What does the role involve? The main aim of this role is to support our teachers to deliver academic excellence, day in, day out, with professionalism and enthusiasm. This will involve providing a comprehensive support service to the school including:
· Assisting students with their educational and social development, on an individual and group basis
· Providing support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities
· Assisting teachers with the maintenance of student records
· Building and maintaining successful relationships with students, whilst treating them with respect and consideration
· Provide expertise to deliver a personalised curriculum for each pupil’s learning
· Work together with families and other agencies to ensure every pupil is valued, challenged and supported
· Have the highest expectation that every pupil will make sustained academic and personal progress
· Ensure that every pupil is ready for the next steps in their learning and is supported to participate in, and contribute to, life in modern Britain
· Each and every member of staff, regardless of their position or seniority, is expected to participate in the overall running of the school and to act as a positive role model for our students. In and out of the classroom you will encourage and promote positive behaviour and effectively manage any situation that threatens to impact on the progress of other students.
What are we looking for in you? Applicants will have previous experience of working with young people, either in an academic setting or as a voluntary worker. You will be educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) in literacy and numeracy. You will be committed to personal learning and development, and have a sincere commitment to sharing our long-term aims and drive for continuous improvement. In return, we will offer you a professional and supportive team and a genuine opportunity to develop.
As a School we feel it is important to hire for the right attitude which is why we look for support assistants that are enthusiastic, focused and resilient to the day to day pressures that the classroom brings.
Diversity at our core: As a Trust, we are passionate about diversity and recognise that as individuals we all bring something unique to the role regardless of age, gender, race, beliefs or disabilities which is why we treat all of our people equally, without compromise.
Somerset School is committed to safeguarding children, and successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Our commitment to safeguarding is underpinned by robust processes and checks which are in place across the Trust.
Recruitment and hiring during COVID-19: Despite the challenges we face, recruitment and hiring will continue for Somerset School vacancies with as little disruption as possible over the coming weeks and months. This is for all senior, teaching and support staff appointments. Applications will still be reviewed and interviews conducted in a timely manner, although interview activities may vary. We will still conduct face to face interviews where possible and will abide by social distancing protocols such as no hand-shaking, using large meeting rooms, etc. Candidates will be given the option to interview via online video if you cannot attend in person - this can be discussed if your application is shortlisted.
Cambian is an equal opportunities employer
Cambian Group Plc
- English secondary schools