Salary Grade: WILNJC E
Salary Band: £19,698 - £20,493 per annum to be pro rata'd
Location: Melksham Oak Community School
Contract Type: Term Time including TD Days
Contract Term: Maternity Cover
Hours: 30 per week, Monday to Friday
Start: 1 November 2021
About the Opportunity
We wish to recruit an outstanding Teaching Assistant to join our dedicated team and contribute to ensuring our school continues to flourish. This is a temporary contract to cover a maternity leave.
We require a resourceful, enthusiastic and self-motivated Teaching Assistant. The candidate should ideally have experience of working in a school environment supporting classes with an enthusiasm for improving students learning. We would like someone with a tolerant and compassionate nature and sense of humour which would be an asset and the ability to work co-operatively within a team setting is also essential.
This school has a strong academic reputation that has gone from strength to strength and shows the hard efforts of staff and pupils. This is an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the teaching staff in the school and staff from other schools that make up The White Horse Federation. Melksham Oak Community School is passionate and committed to ensuring that our curriculum is engaging and inspiring, with high levels of creativity and innovation in our teaching and learning.
Our ideal candidate will be
- An excellent Teaching Assistant who loves working with children and helping to inspire them to achieve high standards and realise their potential;
- A great team player who can work successfully in collaboration with others and contribute towards the school ethos and its school improvement activities;
- Someone who enjoys the challenge and can bring the vision, passion and drive to raise standards in all aspects of school life;
- Be fully committed to working collaboratively with the wider school community and across the federation;
- Able to make a significant contribution to the wider life of our School;
- Have experience of working with children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties; and be fully aware of the key elements of nurture provision.
- Able to positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children.
We can offer you
- An attractive working environment with excellent facilities and supportive families;
- A committed, hardworking and supportive team;
- 100% focus on improving outcomes for the children in our school;
- Well-resourced classrooms;
- A group of children with a passion for learning.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged - please come and meet some of the staff and our children and see for yourself! Please contact 01225 792700 to make an appointment.
More information about the school can be found on our website https://www.melkshamoak.wilts.sch.uk/
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this we believe you should be rewarded. As a White Horse Federation employee you will have access to benefits listed below.
Some benefits are accessible by all staff irrespective of their contract type (T). Some are only eligible to permanent (P) employees following a successful probation period as noted:
- Car Purchase scheme (P)
- Reward Gateway discounts (P&T)
- Discounted gym membership scheme (P&T)
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme (P)
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service (P&T)
- Excellent Pension scheme (P&T)
Why Work With Us
The White Horse Federation (TWHF) is a not-for-profit multi-academy trust that supports and sponsors many primary, secondary and special schools across Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Swindon, Oxfordshire and Berkshire.
Its shared vision for excellence through partnership means it is also committed to keeping the best of what makes a local school great – in other words, the type of schools where TWHF colleagues would be proud to send their own children.
TWHF combines a relentless drive for academic excellence with a shared moral purpose and shared values, while ensuring that fun and happiness are a key attribute of each of its schools. TWHF believes that partnership-working with its schools, pupils and their parents, as well as the wider community, helps creates the best possible outcomes for all children.
TWHF empowers its colleagues through support, training and career opportunities to recruit and retain outstanding staff who are leaders in their field. That way TWHF can ensure that every student achieves their full potential, regardless of background, culture, heritage or ability.
TWHF recognises the benefit of having a diverse workforce and is committed to building a team which reflects diversity from the communities it serves. TWHF values the contributions from all staff from a wide range of different backgrounds and actively seeks to promote an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment; which at the same time supports fair promotion and cultural acceptance. Under the provision of the Equality Act 2010, TWHF welcomes applications from everyone and operates a recruitment process which is fair and does not discriminate against or disadvantage anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
The White Horse Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful for this position you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service before appointment is confirmed. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before interview.
Melksham Oak Community School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years