We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated teaching assistant who is able to work across the primary phase (staffs are allocated to year groups according to their skills and experience and the needs of the children). The successful candidate will work alongside the teaching staff team and senior leadership team to support learning at all levels in the classroom and across the school. It is an expectation at our school that all TAs also work as Midday Play Leaders to ensure children have a happy and stimulating lunchtime experience – this will be paid in addition to normal working hours.
At Hillcross our distinctive features centre around a strong inclusive ethos where children are kept at the heart of all we do. We have a clear focus on high standards in all aspects of learning whilst also ensuring children develop the personal and social skills they need to be successful in life. We work successfully with all members of the school community to ensure that our children are happy and secure, develop a love of learning and have a determination to achieve their full potential.
As a large Primary school, there are numerous opportunities for staff to engage in a range of professional development activities and to develop a wide range of experience. New members of the team benefit from the full support of highly skilled staff members who work as part of an effective and cohesive team. A full induction programme supports new members of staff to gaining a good understanding of the school’s others policies and procedures.
The post will involve:
· Establishing constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
· Adapting lesson plans and relevant resources to take account of the child’s individual needs.
· Providing feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
· Monitor the child’s responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement/progress as directed.
· Attending and participating in relevant meetings as required.
· Participating in training and other learning activities and performance development as required.
· Assisting with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, including before and after school and at lunchtime.
· Accompanying teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required.
· Setting challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence.
· Liaising with and feeding back to the class teacher, Inclusion Manager, parents and all other agencies working with the child.
We are looking for someone who is:
- An excellent team member
- Experienced and successful in supporting children’s learning
- Has good literacy and numeracy skills
- ICT literate
- An excellent communicator both orally and in writing
- Excited about working in a school environment
- Creative and forward thinking
- Has high expectations of yourself and the children you work with
We can offer you:
· Pupils who are fun, caring and enthusiastic
· Committed, enthusiastic and supportive colleagues who are open to new ideas
· An exciting & supportive working environment
· An inclusive, nurturing culture and an ethos that recognises the contribution of every member of the school
What do staff who have recently joined the school say about their experience?
“I have been very impressed and touched by the warm and friendly attitude of all members of staff towards me. This has made settling in much easier – and it’s such an enjoyable place to work in!”
If you have a passion for working with others to ensure all children make the best possible progress from their starting points, and put children at the heart of your practice, then we could be the school for you! We warmly welcome all potential candidates to visit the school - please contact our school office on 020 8542 6936 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions or to arrange a visit.
At Hillcross we celebrate diversity and promote equality and inclusion amongst our staff and students. As such, we welcome applications from all, regardless of personal characteristics or background. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants should declare any convictions or cautions whether they are spent or unspent.
Applicants will be selected for interview based on their applications and how well they have demonstrated they meet the requirements of the person specification.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 11th December at 9am
(Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy if a suitable candidate is found)
Interviews: Thursday 14th December 2017