We are looking to recruit a dynamic, forward thinking and enthusiastic EYFS/KS1/KS2 Teaching Assistant. You will predominantly be working with groups of children under the direction of the class teacher with occasional basic administrative tasks. In addition it will involve small group and individual support focused on raising attainment.
What we are looking for:
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- A qualification of minimum NVQ level 2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent or equivalent experience working in a school.
- The ability to use your initiative.
- The ability to communicate effectively with children and parents and work as part of our dedicated and caring staff team.
- Experience of working with children for whom English is an additional language.
- Experience of delivering a structured phonics programme would be desirable.
As an employee with the Harris Federation, you will receive a generous benefits package, including performance and loyalty bonus, pension scheme (LGPS), Harris wellbeing cash plan and additional Harris benefits.
About Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane
Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane is a successful two form entry primary with part-time nursery located in North London. Our aim is to provide an education that is affirming, aspirational and transformational so that all our children leave us academically and emotionally equipped for their next stage. Our staff strive to provide the best possible education and opportunities for our children to face the challenges of the 21st century. We are welcoming and supportive. If you visit our website you can view our priorities, approaches, vision and values in more detail.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Philip Lane?
- A happy, learning environment where everyone is valued
- A highly motivated staff team
- Children who are fun to be with and are motivated by enjoyable learning experiences
- Support for your own professional development
Applications are also welcomed from experienced teaching assistants interested to train as a teacher through our Harris School Direct Programme: more information is available here think-train-to-teach.
For more information, or to arrange a visit or a confidential discussion with the Principal, please contact the academy on 020 8808 3231 or email@example.com.
The Harris Federation offers exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development. No matter what stage you are at or what job you do, we will support and develop your skills, with our Teaching School delivering outstanding courses for staff at every level.
As part of Harris, you will have the opportunity to progress within a close regional network, with regular opportunities for promotion available both within the academy and across the Federation.
We have a highly experienced team of leaders, including executive principals, mentors and subject specialists, all committed to supporting your career and developing your skills.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.