Salary: NJC Scale Grade 3, Points 14 – 18 FTE salary £17,681-£18,870 per annum
Hours: 34 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Contract term: Permanent
Our aim at Selston High School is to inspire every member of the school community to achieve their full potential and enjoy their time with us. As a caring community school we recognise the importance of our values which include respect for all, trust, pride, recognition and celebration of success.
We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work in partnership with teachers to support learning in line with the national curriculum, codes of practice, policies and procedures. You will provide support to students in a particular curriculum area or support students with varying degrees of learning, behavioural, communication, social, sensory or physical difficulties.
We are looking for an individual who is committed to ensuring that all students are supported, helping them to achieve and enjoy learning to the best of their ability. You will combine a warm and caring approach with high standards of professionalism.
Why join us
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £8.50.
- Free car parking.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- The ability to request flexible working.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Friday 6 September 2019 at midday
Interviews will be held on: To be confirmed after the closing date
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.