The Grange Therapeutic School is an independent special school for young people who have a Statement of Special Educational Needs for social, emotional and mental health difficulties from age 8-17 years. We are a small school with up to 85 pupils and have a mixture of day and residential pupils.
We are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to support students in the development of their key skills, core skills and to encourage their achievement and personal development through learning.
- Under the direction of the teachers support pupils in class groups and on an individual basis to meet their learning goals and to develop their knowledge and skills
- On a planned and responsive basis provide personal support and encouragement to pupils to help in the development of literacy, numeracy and communication skills
- Assist the planning and implementation of school reading programmes
- Assist in the preparation of classroom and other learning activities by photocopying, preparation of teaching aids, classroom materials and ensuring that resources and displays are effectively used to support pupils in class groups
- On a planned and responsive basis provide personal support and encouragement to pupils to help in the development of their literacy and communication skills
- Duties include assisting in the organisation of school trips, supervising break and lunch periods on a timetabled basis, supporting the effective implementation of the school behaviour policy, and providing support to pupils in accordance with individual needs and programmes identified through counselling and pastoral process.
- Must have a GCSE (A*–C) in both English and Maths or equivalent
- Due to the location of the role it is essential that you have a driving licence or a guaranteed way of getting to and from work – there are no public transport routes here
- Must be able to satisfy DBS requirements in respect of working with children.
- Experience within an education or care setting would be beneficial
- Proficient with use of ICT
- Experience with reading programmes would be beneficial
- A Teaching Assistant qualification
- Experience with young people with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
NOTE: Please read through the above job description and give clear examples of how you meet the criteria in your application form. Please ensure that the application is completed in full, and signed to prevent it being returned to you. All gaps in your employment history should be explained in as much detail as possible, even if you were unemployed for a specific time period. CVs will not be accepted in place of an application form and references will be sought prior to interview if you are shortlisted.
Please contact Lisa Crosby, School Administrator, with any queries on 01664 454264 or email email@example.com. For further information about The Grange Therapeutic School please visit: www.thegrangetherapeuticschool.co.uk
Safeguarding is everybody’s business. The welfare and safeguarding of children and young people should be of paramount consideration, whatever your role or level of responsibility is within the organisation. All employees, panel members, independent workers and volunteers are required to ensure compliance with the company’s guidance and policy on safeguarding and are required to attend Safeguarding training appropriate to their level of responsibility.