Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant? Do you want to join a new school in Didcot where staff are engaged and motivated?
- School: Aureus Primary, Didcot
- Start Date: ASAP
- Salary: £16,497-£19,974 FTE
- Hours: 39 weeks per year (term time +1)
- Contract: Full Time and Permanent
- Job Expires: 24th June
- Interviews: 1st July
GLF Schools is looking for Teaching Assistants to work in our brand new, state of the art primary school that opened on Great Western Park, Didcot, in September 2018.
We are looking for TAs with experience in SEND to join our growing team, having the flexibility to work in class whilst they are likely to support pupils on a one to one basis.
This role is a full time, term time only position, commencing as soon as possible. If you would like to know more about any other positions, please get in contact with us through our central recruitment team.
To support the education and progress of an assigned child who needs additional support with their learning.
- To complement the work of the teaching staff in the classroom by contributing to a range of teaching and learning activities with a child on a one to one or small group basis.
- To assist with planning, preparation and development of work programmes for an individual and prepare resources to support learning activities.
- To monitor and evaluate the child’s progress and report on this to the class teacher.
- To be familiar with the intervention programmes (IEP, PSP, Risk Assessments) or Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) of the individual and to use this knowledge to inform support of the child.
- To maintain records of intervention: completion of daily log book, upkeep of a personal folder of pupil need, records of 1:1; and to make these available for inspection upon request by the SENDco or other another senior member of staff.
- To work collaboratively as part of a team to ensure that the well-being, social and personal development of the assigned child enhances learning opportunities and life skills.
- To deliver specified work and nurture interventions to the assigned pupil as determined by the SENDCo.
- To develop and uses specialist skills, in for example, literacy, numeracy or science, to contribute to student learning.
- To maintain confidentiality in and outside the workplace.
- To understand and assist in interpreting school policies.
- To undertake from time to time such work as may be determined by the SENDCo.
- To promote high standards of behaviour and a good working ethos.
- To develop effective working relationships within the school.
- To contribute to the wellbeing of children according to our policy.
- To participate in our cycle of professional development
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification and will be required to apply for a DBS disclosure.
We are passionate about creating a culture of wellbeing where all staff and students are valued and supported so that we can all ‘grow, learn and flourish’.
We welcome applicants from under- represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.