We are looking to appoint an inspiring and talented Teaching Assistant. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed professional looking to start, or continue their career in an exciting new role.
Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park is a primary academy for local children. Our belief is that children thrive when they are consistently happy and safe at school. Whatever a child’s background or starting point, we want to make sure that they finish Year 6 with the academic skills, social skills and knowledge necessary to succeed. Every lesson at our school is creative and there is plenty of time for children to think, to play, to discover and wonder. In addition, from the age of 3, parents have the option to start their children in Harris Peckham Park Nursery.
What we are looking for:
The successful applicant will:
- Be an excellent teaching assistant;
- Support the class teacher to ensure children make excellent progress;
- Have high expectations and an unwavering belief in the potential of every child;
- Want to make a difference to the lives of local children;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills;
- Be committed to working in partnership with teachers, parents and the community;
- Be a committed team player who enjoys working collaboratively;
- Be committed to their own professional development.
Why work at Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park?
- The opportunity to help lay the foundations to build a safe, nurturing and inspiring environment, helping all children make the best start to their academic journey
- The opportunity to help children thrive and have a happy and safe primary school experience
- Generous Harris rewards and benefits package
Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park is part of the Harris Federation, a leading group of 44 primary and secondary academies. This enables us to offer you excellent training opportunities to support your career development.
If you would like to arrange a visit the academy or ask any questions, please contact the main office on 020 7639 6091.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.