Role – Teaching Assistant
Permanent - 37hrs per week 39 weeks a year
Pay Scale SCP 3-4 £18,562 - £18,933 FTE
£15,875.11 - £16,192.41 pro rata
Start date – ASAP
Closing date – 9th April 2021
A great opportunity has arisen for a talented Teaching Assistant to join our successful team at Northampton International Academy, part of East Midlands Academy Trust. We are seeking to recruit a driven, enthusiastic, and ambitious TA to our fantastic team!
If you have the desire to raise standards for all children, then you are our candidate!
We are a diverse vibrant and multicultural school thriving in the heart of the Northampton town centre community. If you have the desire to raise standards for all children, then you are our candidate!
We are a diverse vibrant and multicultural school thriving in the heart of the Northampton town centre community.
The successful candidate will:
• Have previous experience of working with children in an educational setting.
• Enjoy being with children and have a real desire to help them achieve.
• Believe all children can do well.
• Be passionate, flexible, and proactive in providing a creative and inspiring curriculum for pupils
• Be able to work collaboratively, but can also act with initiative
• Be self-motivated and keen to develop your skills.
Northampton International Academy is part of the East Midlands Academy Trust, it is an all through school, 4–19, and opened in September 2016. In July 2019, the academy achieved an Ofsted rating of Good.
It is a fantastic time to join NIA as it has its first Year 11 and 13 intakes, as well as further groups in the primary phase and by September 2021 the school will have over 2000 pupils. This will make NIA one of the largest free schools in the country.
The children and staff at Northampton International Academy are currently completing the opening chapters of its history. The DNA of NIA is set by our High Expectations and Global Vision and we are building into the curriculum for all year groups our Character Drivers: Collaboration, Responsibility, Respect, Care, Excellence and Aspiration. By instilling these characteristics in our learners, they will flourish both within school and beyond as they set out to create their own histories
By working for our Trust, you will be able to take advantage of a wealth of professional development and support opportunities, as well as a range of employee benefits.
• Continuous professional development and training opportunities
• Dedicated support from our school improvement team
• Career and leadership opportunities within our growing family of schools
• A Trust employee forum with representatives from across the organisation
• A confidential 24-hour Employee Assistance Programme
• Childcare vouchers scheme
• A corporate eye care plan
The closing date for this role is Friday 9th April 2021
For more information about these positions please contact Lorna Stockwell on 07500 559281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
EMAT reserve the right to withdraw this advert before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found
EMAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Northampton International Academy
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years