Eltham Church of England Primary School is an ‘Outstanding’ school that has been at the heart of the community since 1813. Our children are positive and enthusiastic learners and our staff are welcoming, caring, hard working and supportive. We combine our rich history with innovation within a strong Christian ethos to make our school a place where all children thrive.
We are looking for a suitably experienced teaching assistant to join our team of caring and dedicated staff. This is a full time position, working 30 hours per week (Term-time only, 39 weeks). The job description outlined for a scale 3 TA is attached (£21,591 to £21,98, pro rata: for this post is £16,057 to £16,347).
Successful candidates will be required to work with classes, groups and in 1:1 situations. When working with a specific child the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate experience in:
• Establishing a supportive relationship with the named child,
• Using flexible and innovative methods of ensuring,
• Taking into account the learning support required, to aid the child to engage with their learning as effectively as possible both in group situations and on his/her own,
• To assist, with the class teacher (and other professionals as appropriate), in the implementation of directed programmes of support,
• Previous experience in SEN within a Primary setting is highly desirable.
We are looking to appoint colleagues who:
• Have high expectations of themselves and the care of pupils,
• Are committed to achieving the highest outcomes for all children,
• Work well within a team,
• Are open and friendly,
• Are able to support the distinctive Christian nature of our school.
If you feel that this is a position that you can fulfill we look forward to receiving your application.
The closing date for applications is 12:00 noon on Friday 29th November 2019 and interviews are being held week commencing 2nd December 2019.
Completed, applications forms can be either emailed to: email@example.com