Teaching Assistant - SEN School
2 positions - both Temporary & Permanent
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position Level 2 or over 6 months experience of working in a Secondary School.
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to work in a local SEN school in Cambridge. This is a fixed term or permanent role, which will commence in September 2021.
Working as part of a dynamic and creative team, the TA will be working with children and young people with Autistic Spectrum Conditions, specifically high functioning autism. The children will be aged 5 - 18 years old.
This 'Good' school is looking for a committed and successful TA to join their motivated team. The local community is highly supportive of the school and parental involvement is very positive.
To be considered for the position, you will:
• Ideally a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Childcare.
• Must have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in a School environment.
- Be able to motivate and encourage student(s) as required by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with living and learning tasks as appropriate to students’ needs.
● Be able to monitor students’ responses to living and learning activities through observation and planned recording of achievement.
● Establish supportive relationships and trust with students.
● Follow behavior management plans or other specific strategies as directed, consistently and effectively in line with agreed policy,
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online courses.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support
How to apply
If you are a qualified or experienced Teaching Assistant (TA) who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact us on 01223 608140.
Vision for Education Ltd