Teaching Assistant required to join the established Education team at Hillcrest Manor House School. Offering a salary of £15,056p.a - £17,090p.a, depending on experience. We are within a commutable distance of Horsham, Crawley, Guildford, Leatherhead, Worthing and other surrounding towns and villages.
Manor House School is an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ registered care and education campus which is set in the picturesque countryside of West Sussex. Manor House School a DfE independent school offers education to boys and girls with social, emotional and mental health needs between the ages of 7 – 18 yrs. Manor House School seeks to maintain stability and therapeutic placements so that the students build relationships, enhance their feelings of self-worth and develop a desire to learn
Outcomes First Group is the largest independent provider of high-quality foster care and special needs education and care. We are a vital part of local communities in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with a renowned reputation for quality and positive outcomes for the people we care for.
Our specialist care, education and therapeutic services support children and young adults with complex needs and learning disabilities including autism and social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH). Our approach increases the likelihood of positive outcomes by creating an established platform for each pupil, foster child and resident to develop both personally and academically, preparing them for their transition to adulthood.
Job Summary and Duties
As a Teaching Assistant for Manor House School, you will have a passion for working with pupils and assisting them on their journey, which may have included all manner of setbacks in and outside of education. The successful candidates will have a varied role, which involves supporting the teacher in all aspects to ensure that pupils receive the most effective support. You will be able to demonstrate a practical, hands-on approach to supporting teaching and be prepared to go above and beyond.
The role of Teaching Assistant is offered on a full time/ permanent basis, working 40 hours per week (during term time only). We are looking to appoint a flexible, dynamic and dedicated individual with experience, or interest, in working with pupils with Special Educational Needs.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties will include:
- Providing day to day classroom support to the children, and assisting with pupil behaviour
- Committing to raising the aspirations and achievement of all our pupils
- Establishing good relationships and acting as a role model
- Encouraging students to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher in order to improve professional development
- Helping to plan lessons by preparing materials and resources
Key Skills Required
- Qualified to or be will to work towards an NVQ Level 2 for Teaching Assistant (or have an equivalent qualification)
- Maths and English Language GCSE C/4 or above, or equivalent qualification
- Understanding of the current national curriculum
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to recognise and manage challenging behaviour
- Ideally, hold a full UK driving licence
Please apply online now or call the Recruitment team on 0330 998 0441
Please also note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your Interview.