The Governors of St. Michael’s C.E Primary School, Bodenham (part of the Bishop Antony Educational Trust) are looking to appoint an inspirational, patient and creative SEN Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 from September 2017 with a reception aged child in this friendly, Christian values-based village school. Experience and/or training in working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and delayed communication skills would be advantageous. The role would involve working closely with the Class teacher to plan and deliver the outcomes stated in the child’s Educational Health Care Plan.
Salary: Grade HC4 scp 13 – 16 £8.55 to £9.03 per hour
Grade HC5 scp 17– 21 £9.21 to £10.44 per hour
Hours: 35 hours per week, Term time only
Contract: Fixed Term
Required September 2017
We are looking for someone who:
- Has recent experience working in the classroom with individual children (ideally those with Special Educational needs or A.S.D)
- Believes in giving every child the opportunity to be the best they can be
- Is highly motivated and able to act on their own initiative
- Is able to demonstrate excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, and will be able to communicate with and motivate young people effectively
- Be able to offer a multi-sensory approach to learning
- Is patient, good humored and flexible
- Enjoys being part of a hardworking and committed team
- Has the potential to develop and undertake any necessary training
- Will support the school’s Christian ethos and policies.
We can offer you
- Friendly and supportive staff and governors who believe that children are at the centre of everything that happens and are committed to the same vision – to bring out the best in every pupil
- Happy , friendly children who enjoy learning and coming to school
- A school set in beautiful surroundings
If you would like to find out more please contact us via the school office on 01568797241 or email@example.com. Application forms and further details are available by phone or email. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
School website: www.st-michaels.hereford.sch.uk
Closing date: Friday 16 June 2017 at 12 noon
Interview date: Tuesday 27 June 2017
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All vacancies that involve working with children will be subject to a Disclosure and Baring Service check at Enhanced Level, along with other standard employment checks.
For more information contact
ST. MICHAEL’S C.E.P. SCHOOL
Telephone: 01568 797241
Head Teacher: Mrs. E. Alty