Teaching Assistant (SEN)
Required As Soon As Possible
20 hours per week x 38 weeks per year
Grade 2, points 11-15
We are looking to recruit a caring and committed individual to provide 1:1 support for a Year 2 child with learning difficulties.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with Key Stage 1 children and/or Lower KS2
- Have the ability to work alongside committed class teachers to enhance and support children's learning
- Be confident in both maths and literacy and recognised the next steps in children's learning
- Be working 1:1 either in or outside the classroom
- Show initiative to adapt resources
- Have high standards and expectations
- Be educated to a minimum Grade C in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Demonstrate commitment to your own professional development
- Be commitetd to working in a team
- Display a high level of enthusiasm and use their passion for Maths and/or English to inspire the pupil
- Engage on all levels and have a sense of humour
Based in a supberb environment with attractive grounds, Harold Wood Primary School is a successful school with supportive governors and friendly pupils who really want to learn. Partnership is a way of life here and our mission statement is "Working together. Learning together. Reaching our personal best."
You will be joining a friendly, supportive and hardworking team. We are committed to high expectations of achievement and behaviour. If you are looking for a challenge and would like to enahnce your teaching experience by working with us, we would like to hear from you.
We are firmly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. References will be taken up for the successful candidates prior to interview.
If you wish to visit the school you will be very welcome - please phone the school to make an appointment.
Please apply online at www.haveringschools.jobs. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Havering Education HR on 01708 431636.
Closing date: 24th November 2017
Interviews: to be confirmed