An exciting opportunity to gain experience working in a school setting providing academic and pastoral support to students within a wide range of specialist subject areas. This would be the ideal role for a graduate or qualified at TA Level 3.
Teaching assistants at Loreto High School support pupils both within the classroom and through small group and 1:1 interventions, ensuring that the needs of all our pupils can be met. This role would provide the opportunity to work within the classroom and to gain an understanding of working with a range of SEND needs and how, through a range of strategies, these can be met to enable progress. Judged by Ofsted to be a ‘Good’ school. We are now looking for an energetic, committed individual who is excited to contribute to the next stage of our journey. We celebrate innovation and can offer a highly supportive leadership team and staff body with a real investment in professional development to support you in making an impact for our students.
The role will include the following duties:
• Delivering one-to-one and small group tuition and interventions.
• Supporting pupils with medical conditions and undertake first aid duties
• Assisting and supporting teaching and learning for pupils with SEND within the
• Creating appropriate resources to supporting Teaching and Learning for pupils with
• Covering for absent teachers.
• Providing administrative support to the SEND department
• Becoming the ‘key worker’ for named pupil/s with SEND and their families
• Contributing to the school extra-curricular programme.
• Any other duties deemed appropriate by Headteacher to contribute to school and
The successful candidate will have
• Experience the ability to engage students and transmit an enthusiasm for learning;
• An enthusiastic commitment to developing the school’s extra-curricular offer;
• A commitment to Loreto High School’s high expectations and powerful ethos;
• The resolve to make a real difference to the lives of our students;
• An understanding of SEN needs and barriers to learning ;
• A desire to work collaboratively and to make a real contribution to the development of
the SEND department and the progress of our students;
• An understanding and experience of implementing successful intervention
If you possess the necessary skills and experience, we invite you to submit an application. Your application should explain fully your suitability for the role as detailed in the job description and tailored to meet the Person Specification in terms of your knowledge, experience, skills, qualities and qualifications. An information pack and application form can be downloaded from the school’s website:
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. Offers of employment are subject to two satisfactory references including one from your most recent employer.
Loreto High School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Loreto High School
• We are part of the international family of Loreto schools and have very strong links with Loreto Sixth Form college and Loreto Grammar school.
• Visitors tell us our students are calm and well-mannered and that ...