We are looking for an innovative, inspirational Teaching Assistant who puts the welfare and progress of children at the centre of everything they do and are able to support our students in reaching their full potential. This role is part-time working 3 days (19.5 hours) per week.
Avanti Park School is a Middle deemed Primary school . The Avanti Schools Trust took over the school in November 2019 and the school has improved rapidly since this take over.
The staff at Avanti Park School are passionate about our school and are relentlessly focused on improving the achievement and opportunities for all our students. All staff that work at the school will need to subscribe to our ethos and values and seek to improve and develop their own practice and performance for the benefit of our students.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a school which is driven by three key elements for both students and staff:
• Educational excellence
• Character formation
• Spiritual insight
We believe in high expectations, challenge and support to enable our students to understand and develop into the best version of themselves. Through professional development, we support our teachers and TAs to excel in creating a highly successful learning environment for our students and we are an ambitious team who strive to ensure that all students enjoy learning and surpass expectations.
What will you do?
• To work under the guidance of the class teacher to support the teaching and learning activities in the classroom.
• To provide general support to the class teacher in the management and organisation of pupil(s) with special needs in the classroom.
• To assist the teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment.
• To promote the inclusion of all pupils, ensuring they have equal opportunities to learn and develop.
• To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school.
For a more comprehensive list of the job responsibilities, please download the Job Description.
What are we looking for?
• Have excellent interpersonal skills based on effective communication
• Has a passion to ensure every child succeeds and reaches their full potential
• Ensures the health and safety of all pupils
• Will show commitment to enhancing the school's spiritual ethos
• Is committed to their own professional development
• Will inspire, challenge, motivate and support the whole school community
• Has a good knowledge of the National Curriculum
• Has excellent knowledge of how young children learn and develop
Please see the Job Description for more information on the essential criteria and skills required for the role.
Why should you apply?
You will be working in a fantastic environment. Avanti exists to help each person become a well-rounded human being through intellectual, moral and spiritual growth, and so make the world a better place.
• LGPS pension scheme
• Development opportunities
• A strong vision of Educational Excellence, Character Formation and Spiritual Insight;
• Enthusiastic, motivated and friendly children;
• A committed and motivated staff team;
• An attractive working environment;
• Supportive parents;
Avanti Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful candidates are required to have an Enhanced DBS check unless internally appointed and still within the cycle of DBS re-checks.
Any appointment subsequently made will be subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and other pre-employment checks.
Diversity and Inclusion
We want to make sure we are attracting the widest possible range of people and ensure that they are accepted, understood and treated equally when they work here. This means we will work hard to understand that each employee is unique and ensuring that individuals or groups are not treated differently or less favourably on the basis of specific characteristics.
Such characteristics include (but are not limited to) age, disability, gender including transgender, race, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, and how the school supports pregnant women and new parents.