Smart Teachers is currently recruiting Teaching Assistants / Special Needs Teaching Assistants / SEN TA to work at a special school in Peckham, London Borough of Southwark, rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. The school provides education for students aged between 11 and 19 years, and there is a wide range of needs including severe and complex learning disabilities, sensory or physical disabilities and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. Smart Teachers is seeking Teaching Assistants / Special Needs Teaching Assistants / SEN TA to join our pool of candidates available for day-to day supply, short-term, and long-term blocks.
About the Role
· Teaching Assistant / Special Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA
· Able to offer day-to-day supply depends on your availability as well as short-term blocks of work and fixed term positions
· Ideally have experience supporting students with SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties), PMLD (Profound Multiple Learning Difficulties) and ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder)
· Daily rate starting from £70 a day
About the School
· School rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted
· Enhanced school facilities including hydrotherapy suite, music room, and garden, art and design studios, and a physical exploration area with trampoline and interactive technology
· Regular working hours starting at 9:00am
· Friendly and supportive team
· Easily accessible high-quality training and professional development courses
· School easily accessible from Queens Road Peckham overground station
In order to be considered for this role, the successful Teaching Assistant / Special Needs Teaching Assistant / SEN TA will need to meet the following criteria:
· Proven UK classroom-based experience, minimum 6 weeks for full-time
· Previous special school experience desirable but not essential
· Welcome candidates who want to be psychologists / therapists in future
· Welcome actors and actresses who want to work on daily or short-term basis
· Welcome student nurses and candidates with nursing experience
· Have a particular interest in or experience of meeting health care needs
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number HZM1234.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.