Exceptional Teaching Assistant Level 2 required to work with children with severe learning difficulties, sensory impairment, physical difficulties, ASD, PMLD and complex medical needs.
One Year Contract – 35 Hours per week, Monday to Friday, Term Time Only
This post is offered on a temporary basis with the possibility of a subsequent extension.
Salary: Spine Point 18 – 21 £21,546 - £23,610 (pro rata)
We are a progressive, lively and fun primary school for children with complex needs, which includes children with severe learning difficulties, autism and profound multiple learning difficulties. “The Livity School is a “Good” School”. The school is made up of many parts, firstly the amazing pupils, its teachers, teaching assistants, administrative staff, health professionals, premises staff and of course parents and carers. OFSTED 2016
Our school has:
• A clear and shared vision
• Strong supportive management
• Very high expectations
• An innovative and creative approach
• A first class and highly motivated staff team
• Excellent training and development opportunities
• A proven track record of integration and communication links
• Sensory provision in every classroom
• A focus on raising and maintaining standards for all our pupils
Our pupils are:
• Inspirational, Complex, challenging, hungry to learn and brilliant
We are looking for teaching assistants with:
• Energy and enthusiasm for their role
• Commitment to a pupil centred philosophy
• Experience of working in Special or Mainstream Education
• A desire to motivate and inspire all pupils
• Experience in working with children with complex medical needs would be welcomed
• A passion for working with complex needs children
• Excellent classroom practice
• The ability to take responsibility for supporting teachers in the delivery of pupil’s education
• A flexible approach to meet changing priorities
Closing date: 12 Noon Thursday 30th November
Interviews: Friday 8th December 2018
For more information please visit the school website www.thelivityschool.co.uk.
To arrange a visit please email: Brenda Mckenzie at firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone 0208 769 1009. Please submit your application by email to Brenda Mckenzie.
Please note that CV will not be accepted.
Headteacher: Carol Argent
www.lambeth.gov.uk Lambeth is an equal opportunities employer