A highly committed, qualified assistant is required within our Prep School to provide support for pupils through curriculum learning and pastoral care and general support to Prep school and designated teachers.
Teaching and Learning
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the Head of Prep, SENCO and class teachers
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes for students and help monitor their progress
- Provide support for individual pupils inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records
- Teach small groups of children in the subjects of ICT and PSHE
- Prepare and present displays of students' work
- Support class teachers in photocopying and other tasks in order to support teaching
- Undertake other duties from time to time as the Head of Prep requires
- Lead the school’s walking bus services at the start and end of each day
This position will offer the opportunity for excellent development within our forward thinking and highly motivated team of professionals.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a flourishing 3-16 co-educational, independent day school, part of the Cognita group of schools. If you are passionate about the life chances of young people and possess the expertise required to teach in an environment where children of mixed abilities excel, then we would love to hear from you.
Consistent with our traditional values, classes are small, behavioural standards are exceptional, and pastoral care is second to none. We are very focused on top quality teaching and learning, and expect all of our pupils to make exceptional progress.
We have a passion for your personal and professional development; there are the longer term career opportunities that exist in a company which owns 45 schools in the UK.
Please visit the website www.hydesville.com and follow the About Us - Job Vacancies to learn more about us and download an application form.
Please return your completed application form along with your covering letter to:
Miss Natalie Mills
Hydesville Tower School
25 Broadway North
Walsall WS1 2QG
Cognita Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, volunteers and other third parties to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment background checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.