Come and join our team!
Teaching Assistant (1 year contract)
The Governors at St. Paul’s Church of England School are seeking to appoint a teaching assistant for our Year 6 class for 30 hours per week, 39 weeks per year. We are well located in a vibrant part of London, near the Northern Line, and several rail and bus routes.
The successful candidate will be part of a friendly and hardworking staff. Our pupils come from a very diverse community, and are very welcoming and motivated to learn. The successful candidate should be well-educated and proficient in English and maths. Training and support will be available. This post is suitable for a graduate wishing to gain experience prior to teacher training.
What is essential:
· Be able to demonstrate knowledge and willingness of the emotional and educational needs of children
· A willingness to learn;
· Capable of showing initiative;
· Friendly, approachable manner;
· Good communication skills;
· Supportive of our inclusive school ethos;
· Demonstrate teamwork skills and an ability to adhere to policies and practices
· for the applicant to hold a degree or other relevant qualifications: NVQ level 3/any other further training that is relevant
What is desirable:
· Previous experience of working in an educational setting
St Paul’s is committed to the safeguarding of children and this position is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check. Visits to the school are encouraged and can be arranged by contacting the school office.
Salary: Hay Grade 4/5 depending on experience and relevant qualifications
27.5 hours per week. Term Time Only (including in-service training days)
Deadline: Friday 22nd September 2017
Interview dates: Monday 25th September or Wednesday 27th September 2017