We are a popular and welcoming four form entry junior school. No day is ever the same with our 480 pupils, 62% of whom are EAL and we celebrate our diversity.
Teaching Assistant required for 18.75 hours per week (5 mornings) from September 2018. The successful candidate must have relevant qualifications and experience in a similar role. Salary will be Scale C (point depending on experience).
In addition to this role you will be required to carry out lunchtime (midday supervisor) duties from 12.25 -1.45 pm. This will be graded at Scale point A6. Both roles will be paid pro-rata.
We are looking for someone:
- With experience of working with Junior aged children (further qualifications an advantage i.e. NNEB or NVQ Level 3)
- Able to work as part of a team, building positive relationships with staff, pupils, parent’s /guardian’s
- Who as high expectations of pupil’s achievements regarding learning, independence and behaviour
- Able to show initiative and be prepared to take responsibility for individual children or a small group
- With an ability to upload documents to our school website and support with computing welcome but not essential.
In return we can offer:
- Well behaved pupils who are eager to learn
- A motivated, enthusiastic and welcoming staff
- Supportive parents & Governors
- Well-resourced classrooms
- Excellent training opportunities
Further details and an application pack containing the application form can be obtained from our school website. Completed applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to carry out an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date for applications: Monday 21st May at 12.00 noon
Interviews will be held on Thursday 24th May (times to be confirmed)