Teaching Assistant - Youth Offender
Pupil Referral Unit
We are looking for candidates with experience for September 2021
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position is a minimum of 3 months relevant experience working with children, young people or adults.
(This is a vacancy based within a specialist school setting in Sheffield, not a youth offending unit).
Vision for Education Sheffield specialist SEND department are recruiting for a Teaching Assistant (Youth Offenders) to work with young people in Sheffield, aged between 4 and 17 within a specialist school setting.
This Teaching Assistant - Youth Offenders role, is to support vulnerable young learners who are no longer in mainstream education (school-based setting). The successful Teaching Assistant will be able to build relationships quickly and have a non-judgemental mindset.
To be considered for this position you must have some experience working with children, or young adults with challenging behaviours or SEMH (Social, emotional, mental health issues) and EBD (emotional Behavioural difficulties) This role can be challenging however it's a very rewarding role for the right Teaching Assistant who wants to make a difference in young learner's lives.
To be considered for the Teaching Assistant - Young Offenders role you must:
- Be able to adapt to certain situations that can arise
- Be resilient, empathetic and have a child centred approach
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff
- Have Team Teach training or be willing to attend the FREE course held by Vision for Education
- Experience supporting individuals with Special Educational Needs
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply in preparation for September 2021
Apply today via this website if you have a passion for helping young individuals who may be disadvantaged, or for more information about this role / the experience that is required, please contact Caroline at Vision for Education 0114 5530900 or email email@example.com
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd