ABC Teachers are seeking Qualified SEN Teaching Assistants for an SEN setting in South Derbyshire. This is a school that works very closely with ABC Teachers and requires day to day and long term cover on a very regular basis.
This position is for a Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) Many students also have mental health needs associated with challenging behaviour.
Students have personalised and individualized programmes, designed by a multi-disciplinary team of professionals to support the young person to make progress, develop skills and engage socially with others. These students may have been permanently excluded from mainstream schools and will need extra support to focus within a classroom.
ABC Teachers are looking someone who is able to multitask, has a keen interest with SEN pupils and also has had previous experience with challenging behaviour.
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Be eligible to work in the UK (must have a valid visa if applicable)
· Must hold relevant qualifications
· Have previous experience teaching within an SEN setting
· Have excellent communication skills
· Have a creative approach to learning
· Possess valid references, DBS/police checks or be willing to undertake them
· A valid Team Teach certificate is desirable although not essential as training will be given
· Excellent numeracy, literacy and IT skills
· Ability to use own initiative and to work successfully as part of a team
· Due to the location of the school its highly desirable to be a drive with your own transport although this is not essential
If you are interested in this position, please contact Steph Allsopp today on 01509 608017 or 'Apply now' to submit your details.
Not found what you are looking for? Keep up to date with us on our Website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
Website : http://www.abc-teachers.co.uk
ABC Teachers are an REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency, part of TES. Candidates pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy which means that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff will hold an enhanced DBS disclosure (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.