St James’ Church of England Primary Academy is a successful and ambitious school, with a firm commitment to continue to improve and develop every day.
Due to the development of the team, we have a number of vacancies and are seeking to appoint exceptional teaching assistants with aspiration and ambition who will deliver support at lunchtimes and in class, for groups and individuals, to meets the needs of all learners.
This role will include working with vulnerable children on a 1 to 1 basis and supporting them to access the curriculum. This will include preparing resources and assisting teachers in the day to day management of the class room. Experience of working with SEN pupils and excellent behaviour management skills are desirable.
You will have a positive attitude of self-improvement and a commitment to working alongside colleagues to share best practice, learn, reflect and improve. We are looking for a professional with a strong vocational commitment to improve the life chances of our children with exciting and engaging teaching, learning and lunchtime experiences. Does this sound like you?
A successful candidate will be:
• Passionate about making learning and lunchtime experiences exciting and memorable
• Determined to ensure that all children have the opportunity to make good progress and will exceed national standards
• A reflective practitioner who is always open to new initiatives
• A team player who is highly motivated and enthusiastic
• Prepared to take an active part in the wider life of the school, willing to add something extra to the school community by sharing their talents
• Able to demonstrate knowledge of our academy in their application and indicate how they believe they could contribute to developing our community and the opportunities for our children
• Empathetic and able to support and promote our Christian ethos and values
• Shows enthusiasm, is proactive, self-motivated and able to use initiative
• Commits to team work and has excellent interpersonal skills
• Is organised, efficient, professional and adaptable.
• Is caring, understanding and patient with a good sense of humour.
• Someone who lives life with a smile!
SEN Specific Experience (Desirable):
• Has experience of using a total communication approach, including PECs, PIEC D, signalong or Makaton.
• Has experience of caring for children with physical needs who require physio support and intimate care.
• Understands child development and attachment theory in relation to challenging behaviour
• Establishes positive, supportive and clear relationships with children parents and staff
• Has a commitment to inclusion in a mainstream setting.
In return we offer:
• A learning community where you are encouraged to innovate, think for yourself, try new ideas, make a difference and take on responsibility
• Happy, enthusiastic children who are motivated to learn
• A dedicated and mutually supportive staff team
• Supportive leadership, parents, local governors and Multi-Academy Trust
• Opportunities to network with partnership school and Trust colleagues
• High quality opportunities for continued professional development
If you have something to offer the children and staff at St James’, are ready for a new challenge and available from September 2019, or as soon as possible thereafter, then we would love to hear from you!
Visits to our academy are highly recommended and warmly welcomed.
Please contact the School Business Manager, Peter Leddin on: 01202 426696, to arrange an appointment for a visit.
An application pack is available on the job vacancy page of our academy website: (www.stjamescebournemouth.com) electronically via our School Business Manager: email@example.com ; or in hard copy from the academy office.
Completed applications should be emailed to the email address provided above or sent by post clearly marked for the attention of the Principal to: St James’ CE Primary Academy, Pokesdown Hill, Christchurch Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH7 6DW by midnight on 30th June 2019
Portsmouth and Winchester Diocesan Academies Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant employment checks.
The Trust values the diversity of our workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Portsmouth and Winchester Diocesan Academies Trust is committed to equal opportunities.
Should you not be invited for interview please assume that your application has not been shortlisted. We try to let people know if this is the case, however sometimes this is not always possible.