Term Time Only – 38 weeks
27.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
We are seeking to appoint a hard-working, well-motivated individual who is able to work under pressure to join our established SENCO Team. The role is to work under the direction of teaching staff and SENCO to provide support for students in lessons and occasionally for group intervention.
You must be able to communicate effectively with young people to support learning and development, be flexible, committed and possess sound written and verbal skills. You should be calm, confident and demonstrate a professional approach in your dealings with young people, staff, parents and external agencies.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the knowledge and experience to support students across the whole age and ability ranges.
- Be enthusiastic, resourceful and keen to ensure that the highest possible standards of student achievement, personal development and well-being are achieved.
- Educated to GCSE level standard or equivalent with passes including English and Maths at Grade C or above.
- Experience of planning and progressing work activities within general guidelines, using initiative and judgement without reference to others.
- Be able to prioritise and manage workload.
- Be able to work in an organised and methodical way and have sound organisational and coordination skills.
- You will be required attend to pupils’ personal needs to ensure intimate personal hygiene of pupils and provide very personal care, for example toileting, changing sanitary pads, incontinency pads, soiled clothing, showering, drying after swimming/therapy, and eating, as well as help with social, emotional, welfare and health matters reporting problems to teacher as appropriate.
- At times manoeuvre pupils with physical disabilities, assist in physical activities, or positive handling of pupils as specified and as required following appropriate training
CLOSING DATE: 20th DECEMBER (midday)
Please note: The school will be closed for the
Christmas holiday’s from 21st December until 7th January 2019
The John Roan is committed to safeguarding children, therefore the successful candidate will undergo checks and will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring check from the Disclosure and Barring Service and referencing.
Application packs and further information may be obtained on the staff vacancy page on the on The John Roan website at: www.thejohnroan.greenwich.sch.uk, or contact: email@example.com
Alternatively you may telephone 020 8516 7536