Kingsford Community School is a vibrant 11-16 school with a roll of 1500 students and has excellent facilities in all subject areas. The School is committed to high quality inclusive education for students of whom over seventy per cent are multi-lingual.
The school has achieved a range of nationally accredited awards and is rated by Ofsted as
Good with Outstanding Leadership and Behaviour.
We are seeking a highly organised and efficient Teaching Associate to work under the direction of the SENCo and teachers to support the provision for vulnerable students and pupils with Special Educational Needs. You will work with the SEN Team and liaise with parents, teachers and other professionals. It is desirable that the successful candidate have experience of working with students with Attention Deficit Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder.
The School is looking to appoint someone who:
• Is enthusiastic about working with a range of pupils with differing needs and abilities
• Has excellent standards of Numeracy and Literacy
• Is Graduate trained and / or has relevant Further or Higher Education or Teaching Associate qualifications.
• Shows initiative and keenness to be involved in all aspects of school life
• Takes a flexible approach to working
• Has a proven track record of high work standards and professionalism
• Is confident in working independently and with small groups of pupils
• Has the ability to engage pupils of all abilities and raise standards beyond expectations
The School can offer:
• A committed, supportive and successful team
• Encouragement for professional development, innovation and creativity
Previous experience of a role in an educational setting is desirable. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Kingsford Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in accordance with DFE Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment regulations. The school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For any further enquiries regarding this vacancy, please visit our website http://www.kingsfordschool.org.uk/ or email our recruitment team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 020 7476 4700.
Kingsford Community School
- Mainstream school with state - community funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Kingsford Community School, located in Beckton, Newham, is a co-educational secondary school. It is a non-denominational establishment for children aged between 11 and 16 years of age. At present, there are around 1,500 students being educated at the...