Teaching Head of Year
An exciting opportunity to transform and impact the lives of young people in Portsmouth.
Start date: September 2019
Salary: Ark Main scale 1-6: £24,313- £35,883 or UPS 1-3: £38,115- £39,526 (& TLR1a £7,853)
Location: Charter Academy- Portsmouth
Nearest train station/transport links: Portsmouth & Southsea
Deadline: Tuesday 23rd April. Interviews will take place on Friday 26th April 2019
Ofsted: Good (2016)
Are you an outstanding teaching passionate about supporting the progress and attainment of a year group? Are you looking to foster a culture that enables all students to maximise their achievements across the spectrum of school life?
Ark Charter Academy are looking to recruit Teaching Head of Years. The successful candidates will be outstanding pillars of the academy; imperative to upholding high year group standards, both academically and pastorally.
The successful candidates will be experienced members of teaching staff, looking for the next step in their career and ready to:
- Facilitate the leadership of a year group, managing staff tutors and students to ensure rigorous behaviour systems are sustained and students are making solid academic progress
- Help sustain a strong academy community, characterised by consistent, orderly behaviour and caring, respectful relationships
- Lead the strategic vision of the year group and enhancement of the curriculum; including academic intervention which facilitates progress
- Lead on year group PSCHE, British values and the ‘stay safe’ curriculum.
- To support the academy’s values and ethos by strategically contributing to the development and implementation of policies, practices and procedures regarding student data, curriculum entitlement and pastoral wellbeing.
Could you make a REAL difference?
Become part of the Ark Charter community and work alongside our dedicated team of teachers, support staff and senior leaders to raise the expectations of a community, and spark a passion for learning in our young people which will last them a lifetime.
Our teachers work hard every day to inspire each and every student to develop skills which will help them to achieve their full potential - both in the classroom and beyond. We pride ourselves in recognising hard work and rewarding it accordingly, providing opportunities for professional and personal growth in school and across the wider Ark network.
As well as professional development, we also take the wellbeing of our staff seriously, as we recognise that teaching can be a challenging profession. That’s why we give our staff more periods for planning, preparation and marking than in Local Authority schools, ensure most meetings take place during our working day to protect our valuable free time, and receive regular rewards and recognition from the Principal for our effort and enthusiasm.
We would love you to visit our school, and meet the students and staff which make the Ark Charter community such a welcoming place to work: contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 023 9282 4204 to arrange your visit.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis so early applications are encouraged.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.