To enable scholars with SEND to make excellent academic progress by supporting them either in class, within a small group setting or on a 1: 1 basis.
To establish professional relationships with scholars, their parents/carers and their teachers to ensure the Academy prepares our scholars for life beyond school both academically and in other ways so they can have happy and successful lives.
• To promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils in the school, including those with physical, learning and behavior difficulties
• To work with teachers to assess the needs of individual children
• To work with the SENCO and other teachers to implement Individual Education Plans and develop resources for pupils who have: Special Educational Needs (SEN), English as a second language, speech or language impairments, Visual Impairments or behaviors that interfere with learning and/or relationships
• To plan and facilitate small group teaching
• To plan and undertake direction for one to one teaching
• To observe, record and feedback information of pupil performance
• To assist in creating materials for curriculum delivery
• To assist with whole class teaching
• To assist with behavior management within and outside the classroom
• To assist pupils' achievement outside of the classroom, e.g., computer lab, library
• To supervise pupils in playgrounds, lunchrooms, etc
• To assist with follow-through for related services, e.g., speech/language therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy
• To maintain pupil and family confidentiality
• To attend regular meetings and training, as required
• To maintain stock supplies and distribute as required.
• To undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the Leadership Team and Principal.
Ark All Saints Academy is a four-form entry academy in Camberwell, south east London, which opened in 2013 as part of Ark Schools. We are a mixed Church of England school with strong values and a Christian ethos. We welcome children aged 11-16 of all...