Hours: 8:30-4:00 (5pm Monday)
35 hrs PW for 39 weeks. = 38 weeks plus 5 inset days
St George’s CE Primary School is seeking a highly skilled and effective TSA to join our team.
You will have:
- Demonstrable levels of numeracy & literacy equivalent to GCSE (A-C) (or by test).
- Attend school training sessions.
- Experience of working with children (either paid or unpaid capacity) preferably in an education setting.
- Willingness to obtain NVQ Level 2 (or working towards) or equivalent accredited qualification within two years.
- Effective use of ICT and other technologies to support learning.
- Evidence of specialism in specific curriculum areas or areas of particular learning difficulty.
- Able to form and maintain appropriate professional relationships and boundaries with children and young people.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to supervise pupils effectively both in and out of school in line with the school’s behaviour policy.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both orally and in writing with a range of people.
- Ability to organise the classroom activities e.g. preparing and setting out resources (under direction).
- Ability to organise the classroom activities e.g. preparing and setting out resources and implementing strategies for T&L (under direction).
- Ability to deal with sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Understanding of basic First Aid procedures.
- Playground training.
- Knowledge & understanding of the National Curriculum specifically relating to English and Maths.
- A commitment to providing a responsive and supportive service and a willingness to constantly seek ways of improving the school.
- A commitment to deliver services within the framework of the school’s equal opportunities policy.
- Understanding of and commitment to work within the scope of school policies and procedures.
- Knowledge & understanding of the school’s health and safety policy and child protection procedures.
- An understanding of the importance of lesson plans, IEPs and learning objectives and to contribute to their learning.
- Willingness to attend and participate in meetings to review pupils progress.
- An awareness of the learning and physical needs of the pupils.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate pupils’ performance.
- Ability to update and maintain accurate pupil records using the school’s systems in place.
- A commitment to professional development and training.
In return we offer you:
- An effective leadership team
- An exciting and challenging professional opportunity
- A successful and forward thinking school
- Dedicated and hardworking colleagues
- Pupils with a very positive attitude towards learning, who are proud of their school, their personal achievements and each other
- Strong and positive relationships with parents, the community and our church
- A committed and supportive Board of Governors
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact Mrs Judith Standing (Headteacher) on 02076291196 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and Job description.
Application forms and letter of application to be received by noon 2nd June
Interviews will be held: Week Beginning 11th June
St George’s is committed to the protection and safety of pupils.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Successful applicants will be subject to a ‘Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Check’
St George’s Church of England Primary School