Hours per week: 1.0 FTE, Full time
Chantry Primary Academy is a large popular, vibrant and diverse school situated in Luton. Chantry is federated with Whitefield Primary School (both Ofsted ‘good’) with an Executive Headteacher leading both schools, offering opportunities for staff to work together, to be appointed in either school, to move from one school to the other or to be appointed jointly in both schools. The federation provides excellent career development opportunities.
We had our most recent visit from Ofsted inspection in March 2018 which recognised that we established very high expectations of our staff and pupils. “You and your leaders have worked tirelessly to raise standards and improve pupils’ outcomes, as demonstrated in last year’s end-of-year and current pupils’ achievement information.” Inspectors also identified how well we support and care for our pupils. "Chantry Primary Academy promotes inclusion and pupil well-being extremely well. Pastoral support and nurture are at the heart of the school."
We would like to appoint a Team Leader to teach within our inclusive provision.
Our successful inclusive provision, New Horizons, ensures that pupils with emotional and behavioural difficulties have their needs met in order to access learning, developing strategies to manage in mainstream class so that they can be reintegrated back into mainstream. Pupils are referred to the provision from primary schools within the West Area Partnership of Luton with referrals and placement overseen by the Partnership through the Headteacher Board and Behaviour Consultant.
We are looking for a dedicated teacher who is resilient, calm and composed with the ability to manage challenging behaviour and to lead and deploy colleagues to effectively support pupils in a classroom context. You will be inclusive in your approach and by fully committed to helping every child to achieve their full potential.
- Looking for a new challenge in a different type of school based setting?
- A dedicated and experienced teacher with leadership qualities?
- Able to motivate and engage children to achieve their best?
- Patient, empathic and able to recognise the unique qualities of each individual?
We can offer:
- A school with excellent leadership, driven by our core values and a firm belief that all children have the right to the best education
- Amazing pupils from diverse backgrounds
- A strong, committed and supportive team of staff and governors
- Excellent opportunities for CPD and career progression
- A package of staff benefits including; AXA – Employee Assistance Package which includes; counselling, LifeManagement™ and Health at Hand , discounted crèche for staff, regular and ongoing training for staff both in-house and externally and subsidised PERKBOX membership
Closing date: Monday 19th November 2018
Interview date: Thursday 29th November 2018
For further details and an application form please go to https://www.mynewterm.com/school/Chantry-Primary-Academy/138469/EDV-2018-CPA-45884 Visits to the school are encouraged, please contact Mrs Mel Clarke on 01582 706500 extension 245 to arrange an appointment.
Job reference SCH00892
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse, and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
CVs will not be accepted for any posts based in schools