The Australian Industry Trade College (AITC) is unlike any other senior school. We are a school by industry, for industry. We are always seeking innovative educators and entrepreneurial talent to join our team to help us create a new industry educational paradigm in Australia where young people graduate with a senior education, while gaining an apprenticeship. If you are passionate about the future of industry education, this is the place for you.
Our success rate speaks for itself. In 2019, 99% of our graduates completed their Queensland Certificate of Education (QCE) and 90% had started paid apprenticeships in the industry career of their choice. The College educates young people in Years 10, 11 and 12 and currently has campuses across south-east Queensland. To learn more about AITC, go to www.aitc.qld.edu.au.
About the position
We are seeking a Secondary Teacher to join our Redlands campus for a full time contract; ASAP start until the end of Term 2, 2021 with the possibility of extension.
This role will focus on delivering subjects such as Science and Maths to our young people from Year 10-12.
Responsibilities will include:
- Delivering curriculum programs to achieve expected outcomes for young people, ensuring all assessment and compliance tasks are completed on time and to a high standard.
- Contributing in a collaborative way to the planning, design, development, delivery and evaluation of quality teaching and learning programs.
- Enhancing the wellbeing and holistic growth of young people through the development of supportive learning environments, quality communication and effective classroom management
- Creating positive and proactive relationships with young people, parents and staff that leads to a supportive and positive College community
Skills and experience
You are a skilled educator who has the ability to develop and mentor young people to succeed in an industry focused environment; who identifies with the following attributes:
- Enjoy working with goal oriented young people in late adolescence
- Work well in collaborative planning and teaching teams
- Be a life-long professional learner open to new ways of doing things
- Embrace information technology as a powerful and positive tool for life
- Have a futures driven vision for what education could be like
- Be committed to behaviours which promote highly effective value based teams
- A Bachelor degree or higher.
- Current QCT Registration or current provisional registration with eligibility for full registration.
- A current driver's licence.
- Right to Work in Australia.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume which demonstrates an ability to deliver on the responsibilities of this position. Applications close Wednesday 24 February at 9am. The AITC reserves the right to commence screening and interviews as soon as suitable candidates are identified, so please do not delay with your application.
Applications by and through recruitment agencies will not be considered.
Australian Industry Trade College (AITC) - Redlands Campus