An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen for an outstanding leader to drive and develop our Creative Industries team to deliver both its traditional FE and expanding HE provision at Derby College.
You will be joining a well-established, cohesive and innovative management team who have a strong team ethics and students at the heart of all they do. Through the management of your team, you will deliver a high quality curriculum and be committed to securing holistic outcomes for our students.
Your key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following;
• Managing and motivating staff to deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment to a wide range of students.
• Supporting students to develop aspirations and the holistic skills and knowledge needed in the Creative Industries.
• Anticipating and implementing industry change by reflecting it in curriculum design and development.
• Delivering efficient and effective resource planning in relation to Curriculum/Business Development and Financial Management.
• Proficiently manage data and take swift action to improve data trends identified through quality processes.
• Effectively deploy and manage resources.
• Proactively manage Health, Safety and Environmental issues.
• Implementing continuous improvement strategies.
In fulfilling your responsibilities, you will comply with college policies and procedures; ensuring you are a role model for the college’s values, beliefs and behaviours. You will lead by example, maintaining a visible presence and modelling the highest professional standards to staff and students. The successful candidate will have outstanding people management skills and recent relevant experience in the Creative Industries sector. The successful candidate will also have a proven track record in curriculum design and will be passionate about developing the skills and knowledge of students to prepare them to enter into this important profession.
If you enjoy working as part of a team and think you have the skills, drive and motivation to transform student potential then this could be the opportunity for you.
Interviews will be held on Monday 9th April 2018
Closing Date: Friday 23rd March 2018