- Technician – Engineering (Employer Engagement)
- West Suffolk College, Bury St Edmunds
- 37 hours per week, Permanent
- Salary: £20,550 gross per annum
- Start date: ASAP
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to support our Engineering Apprentices in the workshop with their practical tasks.
Applications from candidates with industry experience are warmly encouraged; experience of working within education is not essential as full training will be provided.
- Providing technical assistance in the Engineering workshops, be in attendance during classes, issue and collect back materials and equipment used by apprentices.
- Work 1-1 with students as required during practical sessions, to support teaching staff.
- Prepare materials and work areas for students and prepare and assist in demonstrations.
- Ensure workshops and all designated Engineering teaching areas are clean and tidy and available for use when required.
- Maintain and store equipment and materials used by staff and apprentices. Ensuring sufficient stock levels, order and receive goods as required to operate the workshop effectively (materials & equipment)
We ask that you have
- Recent relevant practical industry experience
- A good level of Maths, English and ICT skills
- A willingness to undergo any training or development as, or when, appropriate.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to organise own workload and work independently.
- Ability to relate to young people.
- Flexible approach to work.
- For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you familiarise yourself with our Character Strengths and Mission Statement to incorporate into your personal statement. You will find this very beneficial if you are invited to attend for an interview and it will help you to understand our expectations of you at an early stage of the recruitment process.
Please send a completed application form to email@example.com , if you have not heard from a member of the HR team within 14 working days, please presume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 15th September 2021
Interview Date: 27th September 2021
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, gender, gender reassignment, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age in accordance with the requirements of the Equality Act 2010.
The College is committed to safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and will undertake all the required pre-employment checks on the successful candidate including an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
All data will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 For more information about how we access and use your information please visit our website – www.wsc.ac.uk/privacy-and-terms
West Suffolk College
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years